Canada visitor visa is not a permanent migration option but it allows tourists to visit Canada for tourism and leisure. Canada visitor visa is also known as Canada Tourist Visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). This visa will give you a maximum validity of 6 months.
There are two visa options available for visitors:
- Single entry visa: It allows getting in and out of Canada just once. Once you leave the country except for the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you need to get your visa reissued before you can enter the country again.
- Multiple entry visa: Multiple entry visas allow you to do multiple journeys to and from the country without reapplying each time. These visas can be valid for up to 10 years or 1 month before the visa expires, whichever happens first.
How to see if you are eligible for your visa visit Canada application?
To make sure that you qualify for the visa application process, you will need to prove to the authorities that:
- You carry a valid passport
- You maintain a good overall health
- You have managed your sources to pay for your expenses in Canada
- You have a residence somewhere outside Canada and other compulsory bindings that will make sure you return to your homeland after visiting Canada
- Your plan to stay in Canada is for a fixed and specific time period
- You are not there to seek or undertake employment
- There is no criminal record in your name
- You don’ pose any potential threat to the safety of the country
- You agree to follow the rules of the land
- You are always ready for any medical examination
Once you have made sure that you qualify to apply for visa, get through these steps to get your visa work done:
The mode of application:
You can apply in two different ways:
- Online application- You must have a credit card in order to apply for your visitor visa for visiting Canada online and a device that can make electronic copies of your supporting document.
- Paper application- You have to just download the visitor visa form for Canada and the corresponding checklist and follow these steps.
Fill out your visa application form: You must be careful about all the details while filling up your visa form. Make sure to include your bar code page. You can get your visa rejected if you do not provide all the necessary documents, information and fees.
Pay the registration charges: Pay all the required registration fees for your visa application. You can make payment through bank draft or certified cheque. You can refer to fee schedule for fee information and bank draft details. Make sure that you are paying according to the latest visa application fees.
Visit your local CVAC: Don’t forget to visit your local Canada visa application Centre. Make sure to take withyou your entire passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents. Make sure that everything is ok as per the checklist.
Get your visa application form submitted: Submit your completed application form and pay the appropriate service charges at the CVAC. You will get a receipt in return. Hold your receipt tightly as it contains your tracking Id number which you can use to track the status of your application form. You will also be requested to provide your biometrics.