If you are organising a Hawaiian-style dinner party, ham and pineapple is a sumptuous dish to consider. This is great served with rice or noodles. Everyone will love it the ham and the perfect pineapple in a sweet sauce.
This baked food is easy to make. In fact, there is nothing easier or more delicious than this caramelised dish. Here’s how to bake a ham with pineapple:
The first thing to do here is to gather the ingredients. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham, which is about six to eight pounds in weight. You have to
choose hone-in ham because it gives more flavor compared to other types of ham.
- Whole cloves
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of pineapple juice
- 1 can of drained pineapple slices
Prepare to roast
After gathering the ingredients, you need to consider the following directions:
- Put ham in room temperature: you should at least allow the ham to come to room
temperature. This will usually take about 1 to 2 hours. By doing this, you make it quicker to warm in the oven ensuring that the ham will not dry out.
- Preheat the oven: this should be done at 325°F.
- Make cuts: while preheating, you can put the ham in the roasting pan then you need to make shallow diagonal cuts on the ham. It should be enough when you see diamond shapes.
- Insert cloves: do not forget to insert the cloves into the diamond cuts you made earlier.
The roasting process will start the moment you put it inside the oven. You need to consider the following directions:
- Put ham inside the oven: before putting inside the oven, do not forget to cover it.
The cooking time is 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar and pineapple juice: while waiting for 30 minutes, you need to combine other ingredients like brown sugar and pineapple juice in a bowl. After 30 minutes, take out the ham and pour over the mixture.
- Arrange: after pouring, you should arrange the cherries and pineapple slices on the ham.
- Put ham back to the oven: put the ham back to the oven and this time you do not need to cover it. Cooking time is 30-45 minutes or longer depending on the thermometer read. It is important that you ensure the ham is heated through for the safety of those who will eat. Constantly check if the thermometer reads 140°F.
It is also important that you know the nutrition facts of this baked food goodness. Nutrition facts include the following:
- Calories: for a six-ounce ham, the calorie is 219.
- Fat: the fat is 13 grams not to mention the 5 grams of saturated fat.
- Cholesterol: this dish has 48 milligrams of cholesterol.
- Carbohydrate: the ham and pineapple dish contains 8 grams of carbohydrate from
- Protein: as with the protein, baked ham and pineapple have 17 grams.
Aside from the baked ham with pineapple, there are plenty of ultimate comfort food recipes that you can consider. If you are after healthier baking options, you can consider vegetable roasting. As for the desert, you can start with quick-and-easy pies, cakes, and bars.