Colored contact lenses are becoming a huge thing these days. From subtle colors to those that can really make your eyes pop. Regardless of the reason why you wear contact lenses, whether it’s to enhance your everyday look give yourself a new look for a special occasion, it is important that you know how to pick the right fairy circle lens for you. Remember that most colored contact lenses are designed to copy the natural look of the iris.
Two Forms of Contact Lenses
If you know how to pick the right contact lenses, know that there are reasons why you need one. When it comes to contact lenses, you can get it for prescription or Plano. What are the difference between these two? Here’s what you need to know:
- Prescription Color Contacts. For prescription contact lenses, they are used to correct myopia or nearsightedness, hyperopia or farsightedness, as well as astigmatism. Prescription contact lenses are also used to enhance or completely change your eye color.
- Plano Color Contacts. Plano contact lenses cannot be used for vision correction. They are only worn for cosmetic purposes. They are used to change your eye color. And if you are looking for contact lenses purely for cosmetic purposes, then this is the right one for you.
Contact Lenses Tints
After knowing the different forms of color contact lenses, the next thing is to learn more about the different types of contact lenses. The iris is the part of the eye that is made up of various colorful shapes and lines. That is why some color contact lenses have tiny colored dots or lines as well as different shapes that can help the lenses look more natural once you wear them. So when purchasing colored contact lenses, there are three kinds of tints to choose from:
- Visibility Tint. This type of tint usually has a light blue or green tint added to the lense. This type can help you see better once you start wearing the lenses, removing them, or even when you drop them. The visibility tints are faint and they will not affect your eye color.
- Enhancement Tint. The enhancement tint has a solid but see-through tint. It is a bit darker compared to the visibility tint. This type can help enhance the natural color of your eyes but still being able to see clearly.
- Opaque Tint. This type is a non-transparent tint that helps completely change your eye color. If you have dark-colored eyes, you need the opaque tint lenses if you want to change your eye color. This is the category to look for when you want to buy costume or theatrical contact lenses. They usually come in a variety of colors like hazel, blue, green, violet, amethyst, gray, and brown.
Now that you know the basics when it comes to colored contact lenses, then choosing one for your needs would be so much easier. So what are you waiting for? Check out revia lens online and see if this is what you need right now.