There’re people who like in unhappy marriage till years until resentment builds and both of them they feel that they have got no choice but divorce. They do not voice their unhappiness, but they go with a flow hoping something can change and problems can instantly get solved. After that there are people who try out with everything that they have in order to make their marriage work before leaving. Such people are the problem-solvers that feel they owe this to marriage for trying to reach a few resolutions before throwing in a towel.
One thing both of them have common is they hardly go to the marriage counselling singapore. Only few people take benefit of counseling before they decide to divorce; it is likely because of the societal preconceptions of who wants therapy or what it might lead people to think. When you think that you relationship is on a line, although, nobody’s opinion matters much more than you & your partner. By working out with the professional, you might find your voice is worth listening and strong.
Let us look at the reasons to go for marriage counseling
- You can learn to communicate very effectively. Whenever you voice your requirements openly and clearly without anger or resentment, your marriage may prosper.
- You will learn to resolve the conflict in healthy manner. The marriage counseling can equip you with right communication skills that can help you to not just listen to the spouse but, process what your partner is saying.
- You may learn to process as well as work through the unresolved issues. The marriage counseling provides the safe environment to express any kind of unhappiness that you feel. Getting feelings out in open with help of the trained expert might be everything you want. You might find your spouse is keen to work out together to solve any problems in their marriage. You might find that your partner is not willing to do work. In case so, you’re free to leave your marriage with no guilt as you have given your best shot.
- You can develop the good understanding about who your partner is or what their requirements are. Better still, you can learn a little more about yourself & your needs. You might end up finding those need will be met in your marriage or you might not.
- You may learn to be a bit assertive without getting very offensive. Both the spouses have to talk about the issues without any fear of hurting other spouse. In the marriage counseling, you may learn what you want without making demands or engage in any kind of conflict.