What is street furniture?
The term street furniture includes every piece of equipment and fixtures you see around the street. The benches, tables, bollards, street lights, ramps, fence, mobile washrooms, water fountains, lamp posts, telephone booths and many more. There are many street furniture suppliers who offer different categories of the same.
Reasons why you may need street furniture
The street furniture is not merely present to fill the roads around. If you notice, each fixture has its own importance. These equipment on the roads are to be used by the public. Hence it is for your convenience. Following are some crucial reasons why you might need these street pieces of street furniture:-
- Street furniture not only enhances the look of the area but also extends its usage to the public.
- Street furniture all around makes the outer world accessible for persons with specific needs.
- Elderly people, pregnant women, people with a limp or exerted foot, injured people can all use the benches placed on the streets for rest.
- Lavatories are available for local people and tourists in case they need to use them while on the move.
- Ramps with bollards are constructed on the roadside areas so as to promote universal accessibility to one and all in the place of stairs or alongside staircases.
- Sign boards and dust bins as fixtures are a part of the street furniture which eliminates any confusion of instruction and very evidently decreases littering of garbage on the road sides.
- The fountains at different spots and a large variety of plants in planters beautify the place in order to make it look attractive to the tourists. These things make the tourists feel welcomed and warm by the site. And this indirectly adds on to the tourism of the city.
- Every city is lately focusing on adding more plants around the city limits and road sides. Street furniture suppliers help in providing more plants to promote more greenery and a better place to live with oxygen giving plants all around you in the environment.
- Fences and bollards placed around the streets are a sign as well as a restriction to prevent vehicles or public from entering some areas. These fixtures are available in different designs, shapes, materials and colours so as to differentiate its use and objective.
- Many times, such street furniture gives an identity to a specific area of a specific city. People start to associate the specific furniture and the particular look with the place.
- Bus stops, tram stops and taxi or cycle stands are constructed as waiting area with shelter and seating. These places turn out to be relaxed waiting spaces for the crown.
The street furniture all around the city looks decorative but every single furniture is of so much significant value. And the availability of street furniture also promotes equality and opportunity for all.