Detoxification is a popular word that means following a particular diet or products to get rid of toxins present inside the body, thereby improving health. The cleansing of blood is detoxification. Toxins are being processed for elimination in the liver. As a result, it removes impurities from the blood. During healthy detox for the skin and body, the body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin.
Purification of Body and Skin
Fortunately, one’s body is well-equipped for completely eradicating toxins without the use of special diets or pricey supplements. But our unhealthy lifestyles decelerate this process. The healthy habits which help in increasing body detoxification are:
- Work on Quality Sleep: Good sleep is essential for supporting your body’s health and natural detoxification system. Sleeping allows the brain to recharge itself. It also removes toxic waste byproducts from the day. Readers should sleep 7 to 9 hours every night to promote good health.
- Water is the Key: Water does far more than quench one’s thirst. It maintains body temperature, emulsifies joints, improves digestion and nutrient absorption, and detoxifies the body by removing waste products. The recommended daily water intake for men is 3.7 liters and 2.7 liters for women. One may require more or less depending on their diet, where they live, and their level of activity.
- Switch to Anti-Oxidant Rich Food: Free radicals damage our cells. Anti-oxidants protect our cells from these free radicals. Taking an anti-oxidant-rich diet can assist one’s body in combating oxidative stress caused by toxins.
- Exfoliation: It’s the step for skin detoxification only. One should exfoliate their skin once a week with a gentle exfoliator. It helps you to remove the dead skin cells and flaky skin and bring back the soft baby skin.
Some Steps to Add in Daily Routine:
- One should start the day with a detox drink. It can be any detox drink, from detox containing Vitamin C to normal water with slices of cucumber in it.
- Wash your face twice daily and use a good moisturizer and toner to keep your skin hydrated.
- Be energetic and try to do exercise at least for an hour. It will improve blood circulation. One can also opt for walking and taking stairs along with this.
- Reduce stress. Stress affects our hormones. As a result, we may expose to the risk of various bad habits.
Detoxification of the body can be improved by using these tips. But it should be kept in mind that everybody is different and so do the needs.