If you’re moving to a new house or if you are remodeling your old one, you’ll have your eyes set on making the interior look as beautiful as possible. After all, that’s one way to impress future guests and leave them fawning over the handiwork for hours! That being said, decorating the interior is not as easy as it sounds. Sure you can paint the walls the exact right shade of red, or have the perfect marble flooring or even place the furniture in the right spot. But no interior is truly complete it beautifully without a wall art canvas. This article will tell you everything you need to know about choosing the right canvas.
Calculate the right size:
It mean this is a bit of a no-brainer at first glance but people make a lot of basic mistakes when calculating the free space available for a wall canvas. The height of the ceiling is the major factor at play when determining the right size of your canvas. Normally, experts insist that the canvas should cover 4/7thand 3/4th of your wall. The trick to calculating free space is as follows:
- Measure the free space available on your wall. This space should not be blocked by any sort of furniture or additional items hanging on the wall.
- Take the width and multiply it by .57 and .75 respectively.
- Take the length you measured and multiply it by .57 and .75 respectively.
Choosing where to hang it:
The next step is to choose or analyze where you are hanging it. Believe it or not, the calculations differ based on if you are hanging the wall art canvas above furniture or space. If you are hanging it above an empty floor, the basic rule is that it should cover 2/3rd or 3/4th of your wall. Additionally, it should be at a minimum of 60-65 inches off the ground and at eye level with the viewer. If you are planning to hang it above a piece of furniture, make sure it is at least around 6 inches above the furniture. Some people may also want to hang their Louis Vuitton canvas above their fireplace as well. In such cases, it is advisable to keep it around 3-6 inches above the mantle.
Some other quick tips:
Now that you’ve got the size and the position of your wall art sorted it’s time to move on to the art itself.
- Opt for art by the same artist so that the paintings complement each other. Different artists have different styles.
- Don’t restrict yourself to one size. Buy any size as you see fit.
- In narrow spaces, hang multiple canvasses vertically.
That’s all you need to know about hanging wall art.