September 30, 2023
child support lawyer Friendswood

No one likes to think about the possibility of divorce, but it is a very real possibility for many couples. If you are facing the possibility of divorce, you may be wondering what will happen to your children.

These are all valid questions and concerns. The good news is that there are laws in place to protect both you and your children. Here is what you need to know about child support law.

What is child support?

Child support is the financial support that is provided by one parent to the other for the care of the couple’s children. The parent who is ordered to pay child support is known as the obligor. The parent who receives child support is known as the obligee.

In most cases, the obligor is the father of the children. However, there are circumstances in which the mother may be ordered to pay child support. This typically happens when the father is deceased or when the parents were never married.

Cyber Lawyers: A Complete Guide to Legal Protection Online - Infa Law

Child support calculated:

There are a number of factors that are considered when calculating child support lawyer Friendswood. These include the income of both parents, the number of children, the age of the children, the custody arrangement, and the needs of the children.

In most cases, the child support order will be based on a percentage of the obligor’s income. The exact percentage will vary from state to state. In some states, the percentage is based on the number of children. In other states, it is based on the income of the obligor.

Child support paid:

Child support payments can be made in a number of ways. The most common method is for the payments to be deducted from the obligor’s paycheck. The payments are then sent to the obligee.

Another option is for the obligor to make the payments directly to the obligee. This is typically done when the obligor is self-employed or when the parties have a good relationship and trust each other to make the payments on time. It can also be done to avoid the costs of having to pay an attorney or agent to receive the payments.

It is important to note that if the obligor owes child support arrears, then the payments must be made through a child support office. The obligor should contact the local child support office to find out how to make the payments. If the obligor does not make the payments as ordered, then the obligee can ask the court to hold the obligor in contempt of court.

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]